Our staff can provide invaluable advice on all facets of yard maintenance, as well as ways to keep your turf heathy and vibrant.
Need a Quote?
Use our online Quote Calculator to get a price right now.
What we do
Keep your lawn looking lovely with Ryan’s Turf
- During the hotter months, it is important to mow your Palmetto buffalo lawn every 7-10 days. In the colder months, Palmetto buffalo grass should be mowed every 3-6 weeks.
- For Palmetto buffalo grass growing in sunny or lightly shaded conditions, it is recommended that it be mowed to a 2-5cm height. In heavily shaded conditions, to should be mowed to a 5-7cm height.
It is recommended that a complete fertiliser be used in early April and early September. Slow release fertilisers are better suited during the rest of the year. If your lawn is not looking it’s greenest, you should apply a high nitrogen fertiliser. Supergreen or organic based, slowrelease fertilisers are particularly effective.
During summer, over fertilising or using manure products is not recommended.
- Palmetto buffalo grass should be watered thoroughly and regularly after it has been freshly laid. This will encourage the beginnings of a deep and vigorous root system. Because your Palmetto buffalo grass will be able to fossick for water, it will be able to withstand hot and dry conditions.
- After the root system of your Palmetto buffalo grass is fully established, it should be watered thoroughly only when needed and when wilting is visible. Although buffalo grass should be watered every 7-10 days in hot summer conditions (and more frequently on sandy soils) much less watering is needed during cooler moths. This infrequent, deep watering promotes a more vibrant and healthy lawn, whilst over watering encourages root rot, disease and excessive growth.
- Watering in the morning is recommended. Night watering can be detrimental to your lawn’s health.
Pets, Weeds & Diseases
Although Palmetto buffalo grass is highly resistant to pests, weeds and diseases, it is possible that these harmful elements may effect the health of your Palmetto buffalo grass. Pesticides should be rapidly applied should grubs or black beetles be detected. If you notice weed growth, talk to the staff at your local garden centre to receive the best treatment option.
The attached links contain useful maintenance information on various lawn types.
For a visual overview of our turf and lawn care services – featuring before and after comparisons – visit our gallery page.
Our Clients Love Us
Exceptional service , top quality product ( we bought the palmetto ) i would like to highly recommend this company. Thanks guys , much appreciated.
Thanks guys for turn my mud pit into beautiful green grass! Job well done
Awesome effort from reggie & the boys/girls at Ryans Turf. Ordered fri arvo-arrived 1st thing mon morning. Turf was exceptional quality & now we have a flat football pitch to rip into.
Get In touch below to ask any question
65 Coolangatta Road, Coolangatta NSW, 2535
Mon 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sat-Sun By prior arrangement